Thursday, February 12, 2009

Good Morning?!

I am not a morning person. I truly enjoy staying up late--the quiet, the peace, the feeling of being AWAKE. That awake feeling is something I just don't experience in the morning. I've tried. I will make a week of so of waking up at a "normal" time and getting to bed before 11:00 PM. Then it's like all those days of getting up early catch up with me, and I fall apart. It makes me wonder how the awake-at-the-crack-of-dawn crowd does it?! My best friend is definitely a morning person. She's a sweetheart and apologizes if she has to call my house before 9:00 AM. LOL!

Now don't get me wrong! The mornings that I do get up early I thoroughly enjoy! And I absolutely LOVE sunrises--put me up north in a tent and I will wake up at 5:30 every morning and head down to the lake to see the sunrise or take a morning swim! What I don't enjoy is when it gets to be about 10:00 AM and I am dragging. Maybe the problem is that I don't drink coffee. Hmmm.

Well, I love the smell of coffee but don't like coffee itself (unless it's part of a super-sweet chocolatey cappuccino), so I guess for now I'm stuck being a nightowl in an earlybird world.

2 comments:

  1. If you can learn to like beer, you can learn to like coffee! It is an acquired taste, to be sure. But, once you've acquired it, there is nothing like it! C'mon, April, join us on the dark side...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my dear, you may tempt me with your flavored coffees and creamers, but I'm afraid the real thing is still only good to be smelled, not to be drank! teehee! Though I've lately ventured into iced coffees... LOTS of sugar with a bit of coffee flavor. That's pretty yummy!

    ReplyDelete